It’s not so hard to believe, given everything going on in Washington, D.C., these days, that there are as many as nine facts that prove aliens from beyond space have infested the federal government.
I have no such facts to offer. But I got you to click the link, didn’t I? Yes, I am a fraud who just wanted to see how many people would respond to an outlandish headline. Sadly, that’s all that matters to some people anymore. On the other hand, if I did list 9 “facts” that prove Aliens have infested the Federal Government, I would also be a fraud. I lose either way.
So, as an alternative and an apology for tricking you into clicking, here are nine encouraging things to think about.
- The sun will rise on the morning after Election Day.
- Babies will be born, puppies will make children laugh, and kittens will be fascinated by string, no matter what happens at the polls.
- When the sun comes out after a rainstorm, there will still be rainbows.
- Kids will still love to splash in water and sled down snow-covered hills.
- Laughter and love will always be more powerful and more fun — and more popular! — than shouting and hate.
- One hundred years from now, none of what bothers you today will make any difference.
- The New York Mets will always be 1969 Major League Baseball world champions.
- When you look up in the sky on a clear night, the moon and stars will still be shining up there.
- If aliens HAVE infested the Federal Government, at least we finally have an explanation.